I don’t think it’s too serious but suffice it to say that my heart became a little glitchy on Tuesday morning. Officially, what happened is called supraventrical dysrythmia. Great name, huh? What this means is that electricity wasn’t passing properly through my heart and caused a weak, crazily fast rhythm. Would have outdone the “zoom zoom” kid on the Toyota ads.
It was a really nasty experience. Especially the medication they gave me that stopped my heart and restarted it. When they said that I would momentarily feel like I was dying, they were right.
But the EMTs and emergency people really were fabulous. Without them, I might not be here.
I even got to ride in an ambulance.
Don’t know how long I will be here in hospital, but I’m taking it in stride, even if it can be a little tedious. At the same time, I also realize that I need to be here, to rest and recuperate.
I also realize that I’m re- assessing, too. Stuff that seemed so important three days ago no longer seems very important at all.
I have been tested, poked and prodded and there’s more coming.
But one great thing is that I’ve spent some real quality time with WordPress, reading and reading while at the same time just being taken care of.
From that perspective, it’s been great.
The idea of having time has been great.
There’s nothing like an acute encounter with death to refocus you on the important stuff.
That’s because I’ve had waaaay too much to do and just trying to keep up with my reader has been difficult.
So here’s what I’ve been doing:
– completing courses that will lead to a major career change. I have a break coming up but I have to study for a big test. Sob.
– working, and right now it’s crazy at work although the end is in sight.
-getting ready for Christmas – and ready to explode because of it.
-shovelling snow. Actually, no. M has been doing that. It’s made me swear a lot, though. The snow, not M.
-whining about snow. Yes, that would be true.
-whining about the cold. Yup. Actually, maybe I should explode. At least that would be warm. And, isn’t this time of year supposed to generate warmth around my heart cockles? What are cockles, anyway? If I didn’t know better, I would say that they’re teeny tiny c***s.
-whining about having to dodge snowbanks while out in the cold on my way to the mall. Yay.
– whining about being overworked and tired. Check.
– whining about hearing “The Little Drummer Boy” for the 1, 274, 451 st time. If I catch him, I’m going to shove those drum sticks down his weird little throat. He should be playing computer games, not following babies and playing his drum for them.
– whining about that creepy little oaf, er, elf, who keeps trailing people around the mall and squawking at them in a high-pitched voice to buy stuff.
-whining. Really, the only whine I want comes out of a bottle. The whine that comes out of me is boring. But I have to. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be me.
And I gotta be me. Who else would want the job?
What delicious pre-Christmas things have you been up to?