This lovely old stern wheeler used to travel to the remote communities around Lake Okanagan before there was a network of roads. Launched in 1914 and owned by Canadian Pacific, it was considered a luxurious vessel and transported travellers in style. Its schedule and docking in Penticton dovetailed with the nearby CP owned railway and hotel, allowing its passengers good travel connections for the time.
Once reliable all-season roads were built, the paddle wheelers eventually fell out of favour. This one, along with a couple of other boats from the period, now form a museum commemorating that earlier, slower time.