This post has been prompted by the wonderful Aussa Lorens who in turn got this idea from the equally wonderful Samara. Check out the 21 things that they irrationally love as well as their funny, irreverent, witty and flat-out amazing posts about all sorts of things.
So, without further ado, the 21 things that I irrationally love:
1. Red. I love red. Red shoes. Red pillows. Red cars. Red scarves. Red jackets. Red airplanes. Fun red is always good red.
2. Chocolate (and Nutella!). Whither thou goest, chocolate. When I do without it for a while I appreciate it even more. 🙂
3. Star Trek, et. al. Crazy about it, ever since I was a child. But not the last series, the one with Scott Bakula in it. With that crew, it sort of went from being deliberately campy/cheesy to just being kind of dumb.
4. Fast cars. I would love to own a Mustang. Sigh.
5. Pasta. With almost any kind of sauce. I sometimes dream about pasta. The ultimate comfort food.
6. Red wine. And not because it’s red, because I like white wines, too. But red wine – well, what can I say? Yum! Especially the wines of British Columbia’s Okanagan valley.
7. Steak. Especially with red wine. With a side of pasta. And a brownie for dessert? Yesss! (Have you noticed how a lot of this is about food?)
8. Airplanes. Love those, too. In fact, am completely passionate about them. Which works out really well because I’m a pilot.
9. Ocean beaches. Love ’em. Love walking on them. Sitting on them. Digging in them … and also love the
10. Ocean. Make that any ocean.
11. Cigars. I used to occasionally smoke them, but not any more. Still love the smell, though.
12. Laughing like a mad fool at stuff that other people think is rather lame.
13. Original Craftsman houses. Especially the red brick ones. They have character, they have personality, they have charm.
14. Fine line pens. Black. I really dislike having to use anything else.
15. Jacuzzi tubs. Not the outdoor hot tubs. The indoor ones.
16. Scarves. I’m not very talented at tying them, but I love them!
17. Italy. I adore all things Italian, not just their pasta and red wine. 🙂
18. Ireland. What a great country!
19. Countries that start with “I.” (Just kidding.) 🙂 Handmade pottery. I’m actually a little potty about pottery.
20. Museums. I love ’em.
21. Art galleries. Love these, too.
What are some of your irrational loves? Are you willing to do a post? Would love to read other “21” lists!