Life turns on the simple things, I believe. They are the things that keep us going, that provide us with that little boost, that make life worth living.
In no particular order, here are some simple things that I really enjoy:
1. Chocolate. The darker, the better. And if it arrives as a brownie, I’m in heaven.
2. Being greeted by my dog at the door. He’s so nonjudgmental. He doesn’t care what’s going on. He’s just happy to see me.
3. A sunny, crisp, windless fall day. They are so gorgeous!
4. A good glass of red wine. I’m quite fond of the new-world wines, but Europe has some pretty good stuff, too!
5. Reading my favourite people on WordPress.
6. Browsing a newspaper from front to back on a Sunday morning with a pot of coffee at hand. And not an online paper, either. I haven’t been able to do this much lately as I’ve been really busy.
7. A hug from my M. He gives the best hugs!
8. A beach on an ocean.
9. Reading a great book. The kind of book that leaves you wanting more.
10. Visiting with my best friends.
There are lots of other simple things that I enjoy – these are just a few of them.
What are some of yours?