Since this is the time of year for top ten lists, here’s mine, with my respects to the late Johnny Carson.
In reverse order, here are the top ten signs that you’re living with a narcissist:
10. While driving, he constantly looks at himself in the rear view mirror. This has resulted in a lot of rear ends.
9. His “bragging wall” now covers the entire house.
8. He’s always singing “I’m too Sexy for My Shirt,” even though there’s a picture of himself on his shirt.
7. You’ve taken to using an oxygen tank as he sucks up all the air in the room.
6. He’s in the Guinness World Book for the greatest number of cosmetic procedures ever performed on a single human.
5. He’s looking into starting his own country and you’re helping him to find an abandoned, isolated island for the purpose.
4. All the mirrors in your house have greasy spots from his nose and lips.
3. He admires the evil queen from Snow White and wants to steal her looking-glass.
2. He believes that Christopher Hitchens is much too mild-mannered for debate and that really, he could beat him in ten minutes, if Hitch was still alive, that is.
And the number one sign that you’re living with a narcissist:
1. Donald Trump is his hero but really, if he were “The Donald,” he would have been much better at it and would have made more money.
And that’s it, dear readers. I wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2013!